Monday, December 3, 2012

Upcycling Magic

As any paper crafter knows, it's an expensive hobby.  Luckly we are a creative and crafty bunch and tend to find was around paying full price or even using the "store bought" versions of things that we want.  With Thanksgiving now behind us, I figured it was a good time to show off my holiday centerpiece before I packed it away.

 
I am a very simple person so most of my crafts and projects tend to have the same easy feeling.  For this wonderful centerpiece I turned seven old soup cans into a festive work of art!  I chose all fall colors for the centerpiece and added a simple flower arrangement to the top to finish it off.
 
 
With a few quick and easy steps I wrapped each can with cardstock adorn with fall leaves then wrapped a strip of burlap around the bottom of each.


 To mimic the floral arrangement I made a few dozen cardstock roses to trim the bottom of the centerpiece.  And voila!  I beautiful holdiay centerpiece.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful centerpiece, Misty! Really creative and pretty, and I adore that you made it from recycled materials! :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday and leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Audrey! I love being able to recycle whenever I can; saves money and the enviroment. Thank you for also stopping by and leaving a wonderful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, Misty! Just wanted to pop over after seeing your lovely comment on my blog. I wish you very good luck with all your future scrappy plans! Owning a store and a retreat must be a ton of work, but would be such wonderful work! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete