Sunday, September 30, 2012

Keeping in Touch

I wanted to upload my latest project. My twin sister and her four kids have lived in the same town in Cali their whole lives...until a few weeks ago. I kept racking my brain to come up with something that would make the move easier for the kids and came up with this.

First I purchased one of those pre-made magnetic dry erase boards on clearance at Michaels.

Next I used my Cricut to cut of all 50 states with my 50 States Cartridge.

Once they were all cut out I used Mod Podge to adhere them to the board and then again to seal them shut.

After I got that all finished up I printed my own catchy saying ("Families may move away...but their love grows stronger every day!") across the top and bottom and adhered/sealed it with the Mod Podge.

For the final personal touch I used glass circles purchased from craftfantastic.com with Aleene's Paper Glaze and small photos.

To finish it off I added thin magnet sheets to the back of each photo circle.

Now the kids can interact with the map, moving people around as they go about their lives and move around the country! They can also jot notes down around the map and pin things in the corkboard around the frame.

I hope that you all enjoy this wonderful project and that it inspires you to create something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment