Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Run Around

My puppies are a huge part of my life.  They bring me great joy and peace.  So naturally the star in hundreds of my LOs.  My sweet Shadow is an excitable, playful 9 year old Cocker Spaniel and my lovie Coco is a clam, laid back 8 1/2 year old Terrier/Chow mix.  On occasion Coco gets in a very playful mood and she chases Shadow around the yard playing "tag".  It is hilarious to watch him as he does his famous "run by barkings" as he tries to avoid her. 

Ninety percent of the time these play sessions don't last long enough for me to get my camera and I miss out on whimsical LO opportunities.  Luckily things have a way of working themselves out and I was sitting outside with my camera the other day when they decided to have some fun!

 
As I watched, laughed and took dozens of photos of this rare event, the perfect LO idea struck me.  I have a film strip embellishment upstairs that I've never had a LO for!  With all the action shots I got a decided that this was going to be the perfect LO for such and embellishment. 
 


Keeping with the beautiful day we were having I added a subtle background and some flower clusters. Using my Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge I cut a black shadow for my words and then added a top layer from my background giving the title a great pop-out look.  To finish off this action packed LO, I used my journaling space to describe the LO as a movie! 


I love the way it all came together!  Have a wonderful and crafty day y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment