Saturday, October 6, 2012

Aimee Copeland

Have you guys heard the amazing and inspirational story of Aimee Copeland?  She is a 24 year old woman who lost her hands, both feet and her entire right leg to a flesh-eating bacteria last spring.  I saw her last month on Katie Couric's new show Katie and was completely astounded.  Her story was so tragic and painful yet her spirit shined through and inspired me the most.  Katie even asked her if she'd ever felt like just dying.

Her answer "I love life. It's a beautiful thing... even more so now, senses are so deepened." "Everything smells better. Everything is more vibrant, more beautiful."

Not that many of us would be able to answer with the same love of life she showed.  Aimee is a truly amazing woman and I personally feel I could learn a lot from her and her experience.  I've been unable to stop thinking about her inspiring spirit especially when I'm having a bad day.  When I feel like things are going bad for me I stop and think about Aimee.  Life gave her lemons and she is determined to make lemonade everyday.  Life is what we make of it...our attitude is what determines how things will go, why shouldn't we appreciate the things we have even when they don't seem that great to us!?!

Thanks Aimee for giving me a new view of life and for sharing your story with the world.  And Aimee if you ever happen by here and see this I wish you all the very best life has to offer a wonderful woman like yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment