Saturday, October 20, 2012

New Year Goal

With the holidays rapidly approaching I've begun to formulate my New Years resolution.  This year I started a long journey of self-improvement.  I am making great progress in most areas but I feel like there are plenty of other areas in my life that can use some improvement.  One of them is my finances.  Its not like a am hurting for money or never have enough but I feel like I am always overspending.   It has been something that I can't seem to get out of my head lately so now I've decided to make it my personal goal for 2013 to spend less, well more wisely actually.

I am one of those people, and there are tons of us, who see something I want and just buy it; thinking "It's so cute/pretty, one day I'll find some way to use it."  Then what happens???  I buy it, take it home and find it months later still unused!  This is especially true when it comes to my scrapbooking addiction.  The scrapbooking industry has so many great new things that come out on a daily basis that I'm constantly buying everything and trying to keep up.

Well this has got to stop!  I want to be more financially secure so something's got to give and it's definitely not going to be my scrapbooking....I love it way to much to let it go.  So in order to keep the hobby that I love, I've decided just to be more money smart with my shopping habits.  I plan to use coupons more often, only hit sales, never pay full price for anything and most importantly stop buying the "pretty" things that I don't need. 

Next year is all about simplifying!  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment